CARE and MAINTENANCE
Interior Sliding Aluminum Doors
Your new DIVIDERS by COXUSA Sliding Aluminum Doors have been delivered without any type of factory-applied protective coating such as lacquer, wax, or other surface protection. Though virtually maintenance-free, areas of the door surfaces that come into human contact will produce fingerprints due to salts and oils in the skin. Routine maintenance, including cleaning and dusting, may be required in order to maintain the brilliance and rich luster of the frame and glass surfaces.
Transporting & Unpacking
It is recommended that all DIVIDERS by COXUSA aluminum doors and frames be carefully unpacked on-site just prior to installation and placed in a vertical position. When securing or transporting doors and frames, do NOT allow ropes, straps, or cords to come into direct contact with the glass or polished surfaces or scratching may occur. NOTE: All DIVIDERS by COXUSA aluminum doors and frames are constructed from commercial grade materials but they CAN be scratched.
- Use warm water with a clean soft cloth. Do not allow edges to remain wet.
- Do not use any acid or alkali cleaners. Never use an abrasive cleaner on any frame or glass surface.
- Do not use cleaners with ammonia. These will damage the glass edges, glazing and safety laminate.
- Never spray any cleaner directly onto a glass door. Apply the cleaner to a soft cloth and then wipe the glass.
- Always use soft, grit-free cloths when cleaning glass to reduce chances of scratching the surface.
- Be sure to dry all joints and edges thoroughly to ensure no cleaner comes in contact with the edge and backing.
- Routine cleaning maintenance can be accomplished simply by washing, rinsing and drying the glass.
Note: Good ventilation will keep glass from “sweating” and creating condensing liquids, which can
cause rust or could be corrosive and damaging to the glass insert and/or frames.
- Keep bottom track (where applicable) free and clear of debris so that doors roll smoothly.
IMPACT ON INDOOR ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
DIVIDERS by COXUSA door systems do not require hazardous materials for cleaning after installation or during maintenance reducing the quantity of indoor air contaminants that are odorous, potentially irritating, and/or harmful to the comfort and well-being of installers and occupants.